Last weekend it was back to Busso to be part of Brian Kempson's Boot Camp!
Who knew what I was in for?
But now, I must admit, it was a lot of fun. I had another opportunity to meet some awesome, motivated and inspirational athletes, most on their way to compete in the Busso Half Ironman, others new to the sport just wanting to improve their swimming, cycling and running.
It was a mad 24 hours for me as I was coming back early on Saturday night. But there was never a dull moment!
A BBQ dinner on Friday night and by the end of it I had found out plenty about "Bryce?" and Scott and maybe why Mark was a little jealous!!
It was all very entertaining and I knew the next morning's ride was going to be an interesting one!
Saturday morning rise and shine and we were off to Nannup! A few rolling hills, what felt like a slight head wind and a compulsory pit stop at the service station.
The stop was a little bit longer than expected as Clayton was not going anywhere without his real coffee!! As a non-coffee drinker I still don't understand!
140km's later I was lucky enough to get a short massage before a swim session in the ocean. This was cut a little short for me as the stingers were out due to the conditions. I was not going to risk it after my last episode.
A quick feed then then it was off to Dunsborough for some run hill reps which I opted out off due to racing the next morning in Perth.
I left them to enjoy their night out on the town before doing it all again on Sunday.
A fantastic camp by Brian, highly recommended to everyone!
It was a mad dash home Saturday as it was going to be a baptism of fire as I had entered the Point Walter Olympic Distance Triathlon on Sunday.
Little did I know it was going to get worse as due to the storms last week the Health Department were not going to let us swim in the river to the swim was cancelled and it was now a duathalon!
I had never done one of those before!

It was a great way to get back into training after time off post New Zealand!
Yes, it hurt!!
And not having done an Olympic distance race for quite some time, I felt a little out of practice, but it was fun!
Wesley came by after his night shift off work to join in the BBQ put on by Freo Tri club!
But... hang on a minute.... Wesley isn't a member of Freo Tri Club!!!!!
Barry was on his way home from the Bridges Fun Run and Yvonne had raced hard in the Duathalon.
I have been coaching Brendan and Matt for the Busso Half Ironman. They will be competing in a team and smashed it yesterday!!
It was so exciting to see them do so well!
Watch out for these guys in May! They are getting faster and faster!
Today has been a rather enjoyable day off!
I enjoyed a sleep in, the weekly breakfast with mum at DJ's, shopping for the pilgrimage down south this weekend, a massage, and finally, how exciting!! Got to see my new Felt DA Frame and it has arrived! Ian is going to put it together for me this weekend and I will test it out at the 80km TT next weekend! YAH!!
Time for another stretch, yes, a little sore from yesterday but ready to hit it again tomorrow!