Tuesday, June 19, 2007

3 WEEKS TO GO!!

Last week I took only my second sick day in 8 years! (The first one was the day after I returned from competing in Ironman Lanzarote!) I woke up Monday morning feeling pretty average but after swimming training it was all over. I felt terrible and bed was calling! I slept all day and it was great! Everyone has been telling me it is going around but it hangs around for a lot longer than I would like! It has been a week now and I am only just starting to feel a little bit normal again. The hardest part is actually not doing anything! How bad is that!! Triathletes are all the same and it is definitely an obsession or maybe an addiction. I guess it could be worse!

So the whole week has been a bit of a struggle but on a brighter note it gave me the opportunity to finish school reports and do some much needed cleaning that gets neglected!

The Triathlon WA dinner was last Saturday night and a great night for those who attended. It is always interesting to reflect on the season just past and it was a reminder of how many awesome performances there were. Congratulations to all the award winners and to Champion Club North Coast. Fremantle Triathlon Club will be back on top next year!

I also have great news and am excited to announce two new sponsors who are offering their support over the coming season. Firstly, Ryders Eyewear. Ralph and his team have been fantastic. You may have noticed in Port Macquarie I was racing without sunglasses due to a few dramas. This will not be an issue anymore! Interchangeable lenses, a polarised film within the lens to eliminate glare and relax the eyes and resistant polycarbonate that flexes rather than breaks. Oh and I forgot, they look awesome!!

Second, anyone coached by Budgie or serious about improving their cycling has spent quality time on a Computrainer. I remember when I spent a year in Vancouver on a teacher exchange and trained for an Ironman completely indoors. In my entire program I only rode outside a handful of times because it was way too cold!! It didn’t matter though; I could ride the Ironman Coeur D’Alene course before I even got there! It is great to have the support of Phil and his team and know that when I arrive in Boulder, I can continue to have access to such an important training tool.

It was an early rise this morning as I was asked by Katrina Burnett to do a presentation to the Iona Cross Country team before there Interschool competition tomorrow. They were having a team breakfast and information session. It was a lot of fun for me and hopefully the girls were able to take away some good advice. I really enjoy giving talks and presentations, as it is a reminder of how much I love what I am doing!

Happy Training (and avoid the cold!!)
KT :o)