My brother arrived on the Saturday night and it was rush, rush, rush, for for 3 days while I showed him as much of the place that had been home for me over the last few months as well as attempting to pack up and clean up my studio. Thank god it was so small, this meant there was less to do! I was also so thankful Michael was there! There was a nice heavy box to send home that I would not have been able to carry to the local UPS!
We enjoyed our final dinner with friends at the Walnut Brewery and by Tuesday night at 10pm we had arrived at out dodgy airport hotel in Denver. We had decided to stay here because our flight the next morning was really early so it would make it easier! I had warned Michael I thought it may be a little bit dodgy and I was right! On our arrival there was a lot of excitement as $100,000 had been found in a bag nearby. But there was more to come!
The next morning at 5am as I got out of the shower Michael told me to go look out the window where in the car park I was greeted with at least 6 police cars and a fire engine! We were out of there!
By Wednesday we had made it to Oklahoma City where my brother was competing in a triathlon. It was fantastic to meet up with the rest of the family: mum, dad, my brother’s wife Angalene and their daughter Ella. Oklahoma City was very hot and humid so it was a great chance to start getting used to Hawaii conditions! On race day I was also lucky enough to meet up with Judi and Mike (who those from Perth know well!) unfortunately I didn’t get to see them after the race began due to following my brother around the prairies!
This week the “Bevilaquas” find themselves in Honolulu. I am enjoying open water swimming at Waikiki and running towards Diamond Head. The computrainer is set up in the room and my choices have been Law and Order, Las Vegas or a view of the ocean!
Saturday the family leaves to return to Perth and mum and I fly to Kona!
I can’t believe how soon the Hawaii Ironman is! The last few months have gone by so quickly and the journey has been unbelievable. I know I have worked hard and done the best I can do. There is nothing else now but to stay healthy and taper! (don’t we all love that time of a program!!)
I am looking forward to seeing all the other West Aussies in Kona and will keep you posted of the adventures as the big day draws near!
Happy Training
KT