Tuesday, October 9, 2007

KONA BLOG

I have been here a week now and I have experienced all types of weather from arriving last Saturday and dripping with sweat at the airport to being caught in a massive rain storm 2 days ago. It has been warm and sunny in the morning and showers in the afternoon, and off course windy!!

For mum and I our arrival started off well when unloading the car at our apartment the door blew shut with the house keys inside. Our money, phone (everything we needed!) was also inside and no one is on duty at the apartments over the weekend. 1 1/2 Hours later and both looking like we had a shower with our clothes on, we were able to get back inside and unpack!

Since then I have been enjoying the delicious food of the Lava Java and our favourite Japanese around the corner.

The rest of the "West Aussies" are here and we enjoyed a BBQ where Dave Boyes and Luke Goard are staying the other night.

This morning we all met for a swim of the course and enjoyed the sight of the unbelieveable coral and fish life to see the entire way.

Luke and I had a ride out towards Waikaloa today so we could get a good taste of what the wind is like along that section of the course. Meanwhile my mum and Luke's wife Renae enjoyed a spot of shopping!

With every day that passes and lots of stretching and massage I am feeling better and better! I am looking forward to everything this island and race has to offer and by the 13th of October number 113 will be ready to go!!Stay tuned for more updates of race week!!

Happy Training
KT