Wednesday, October 10, 2007

KONA BLOG 2

Aloha!!

Man, do I feel lazy!! Don't get me wrong, I love the taper but you become so used to training so much that when there is not so much to do I am loving my "Harry Potter" books and shopping at Macy's!!

I haven't had to set the alarm at all but I am still up early each day and down for a swim on the course. Last week there would have been a handful of us but now there are hundreds!! You need to be careful you couldheadbutt a turtle or another triathlete on your way out to the Buoy!

Today was the Athletes parade and it was exciting walking down Alii Drivewith all the other Aussies. Michelle was looking the best with her Boxing Kangaroo on her shoulders.

The advantage of being from Australia is that we begin the parade and arefirst into the expo straight to all the free powerbars and entering all the competitions.

A quick photo with Mark Allen before it became way too crowded as all the other countries began to arrive so mum and I headed out for Japanese and an early night!

The countdown is on!! 4 sleeps to go! A short swim and bike tomorrow before resting on Thursday.

Mahalo for all you well wishes!!
KT