After arriving in Auckland to a wet and windy reception the conditions in Taupo have been a nice change. The sun has been shinning although I am still finding the low 20's a little bit chilly compared to the 38 degree temperatures in Perth! It was quite funny the other day I went down for my first swim in the lake all rugged up because it was so cold and one of the locals was complaining about how hot it had been lately and how warm the water was!! I didn't know if we were we on the same wave length! Mum and I just looked at each other and laughed!
I must admit the water is fine though and it is unbelievable to swim in, so clear!
My dad has arrived and we enjoyed a cruise today to the Huka Falls. Tomorrow the fun begins with registration and briefing and finally saturday will be here! I can't wait and am excited about the challenge that lays ahead!
Thanks to everyone for all your well wishes!! Here's to a great day!!
KT :o)