Friday, February 22, 2008

TAPER TIME!

Yah! I love that word! And that time of the program!

The last few weeks of training since the City of Perth race has had everything! I was excited about my last long ride with the guys heading up albany highway from the Raffles, but halfway up, a nice gust of wind, a few touched wheels and I was tasting gravel! You know you have a problem when the first thing you are worried about is the bike!! I was lucky and came away with only cuts and grazes in the usual places (elbow/knee) but poor Ron has had to deal with a broken finger!! After the dramas of trying to fix my Zipp bars as I had nicely damaged both sides of them, everything is now back to normal (or what I would call normal anyway!)

Last Sunday I had a final hit out in the ATTA 27km Hilly Classic and pushed hard all the way and it hurt! A good hurt though (I keep telling myself, yes, there is such a thing as a "good hurt"!!) and I was pleasantly surprised to find out later I only just missed the record by 1 second!! Maybe next time.

I am all packed ready for NZ! The arm warmers, the booties, the gloves! The temperatures look nice and cold compared to sunny perth!! If your racing in Meelup enjoy that "huge hill"!!

Train safe!
KT :o)