No, this is not how long it has taken me to get to Kona, but how long I slept after I arrived! I have never slept this long in my life!! Not that I can remember anyway!
From Perth to Hawaii if there was something to go worng or happen it did! Our 24 hour journey became a bit longer!After waking at 3.30am on Saturday morning to catch our flight to Sydney, we arrived at the airport only to find we did not exsist! There were no Kate and Karen Bevilaquas on the flight! According to JetStar yes, but according to Qantas No!! with 30 minutes to spare we were on the plane and ready to catch some sleep when before take off other couple came on board and had the same ticketed seats as us!! Before we knew it mum and I were back at the airport not sure if we were even giong to leave Perth! 10 minutes later, lucky for us, 2 spares seats at the back of the plane and we were on board again! Thank god!
Plane taxis's back, heading for runway and the generator stops! Sorry folks we are heading back to the airport and you will all have to get off while we see if we can fix the problem!! Mum and I just had to laugh!! What else could we do! By now I was pretty hungry so back at Perth airport I ordered some eggs and toast. As I began to eat the announcer kindly informed us we could get back on the plane!! Great timing!
We eventually made it to Sydney where out 6 hour wait had been halved and our 9 1/2 flight to Honolulu was uneventful compared to trying to get across Australia! 2 hours in Honolulu, 30 minutes to Kona and finally I am enjoying the sun and the surf!
The body will be recovered after another big nights sleep and I can't wait for Saturday! It seems like ages since I have raced and there is nothing like to the winds and heat of Kona to get you all fired up!!
Stay dry and warm back home!!
KT
P.S.Photo's coming soon!