I don't know if it is just me, but even though the last few days have bought fantastic temperatures during the day the mornings have been freezing!! Well maybe not freezing to some but less than 5 degrees for me is pretty darn cold! I left the house nice and early on Saturday for my long ride and was heading into the Raffles to meet Stuart. By half way my fingers and toes were frozen and I made the decision to turn around, I needed more clothes!! Lucky I saw Stuart on the way and we took a detour back to my place for the thermals before heading up to Kalamunda! Thank god I did!
I should be just grateful that there is no rain because I am sure the time will come where the computrainer will become my best friend and "the garage" my home away from home!
With the change of season comes the dreaded cold and mine came early. The last week has been a bit of a struggle as the nose ran, the cough came at night and the body just ached. I was feeling quite down in the dumps for a while but continued to push through. Probably not the best thing to do and in the end I did have some time off and feel alot better for it.
I am into my last week of lectures with the Dip Ed students at UWA which has been alot of fun before they head out on their teaching prac's.
The bike case is down off the shelf and the beloved Felt (now more affectionately known as "Casper!) With the meaning that "now you see it, soon you won't!!" and me riding very fast!!
Saturday morning mum and I will be off to Hawaii!! Yah, hot temperatures, warm water, oh! and a half Ironman next weekend!!
By then I will be ready to go and looking forward to the adventures to begin again!
Aloha!
Happy Training
KT