I was kindly reminded yesterday (thanks James!) that I hadn't posted a blog for a while! I guess the first week post Ironman there is not much happening, life returns to a little bit of normal and especially at this time of the year is has been dominated with too many trips to the shops for xmas shopping!
I love xmas but I am so over the crowds while shopping, struggling to find parking and no one to serve you in Myer because so many people are away sick today!
With the temperature rising last weekend I decided to get in some unstructured exercise and entered the Fremantle Ports Swim Thru on Saturday. The plan was to casually ride there, enjoy and ocean swim then ride home via my Grandma's house for a quick drink. I did exactly that except for the swim part.
I am embarrassed to admit but after a quick glance at the event details I thought the swim was being held at Port Beach, so there I was at 8.15am for a 8.30am swim start wondering where everyone was? Was I going to be swimming on my own?
8.30am and still no swim event, what was the deal?
A quick ask around at the surf club and it was brought to my attention the swim was being held at South Beach not Port Beach and by then I had well and truly missed my wave start!
You idiot!
An easy spin home and the back up plan was put into action!
Sunday morning and I was again on the bike but this time I knew where I was going, Champion Lakes!
I had never swum here before but really enjoyed it! There was no excuse for not going straight with all the markers out for the rowers.
There was a 1.25km, 2.5km, 5km and 10km option. I decided upon the 2.5km (half way between a 1/2 Ironman and an Ironman).
The funniest part was prior to the swim start I was reminded of my good old netball days when at registration a nail check was in order! No long nails or jewelry was to be worn. How rough was this swim start going to be?
It was great day for a swim as the temperature hit 40 degrees but the ride home was not that enjoyable with the hot winds!
These feet are made for running!
So far the body seems to be recovering nicely from the Ironman. Another easy week then it will be back into full training next week just in time for the xmas celebrations!