Less than a week until xmas! Wow, who can believe it! I don't even want to think about the things I haven't done yet! There is still so much happening between now and then including an increase in the swimming, cycling and running!
Last Tuesday night was the annual "Save the Rhino" dinner held at the Hyatt. It is always a big night with close to 500 hundred people and they raise in excess of $100,000 dollars from the auctions through out the night.
The guest speaker for the night was sports commentator Mark Nicholas. His area of expertise is Cricket but he recently compared for the Australian PGA and was on an international flight (Emirates First Class off course!) with Tiger Woods! You can imagine where his presentation went from there! It was very amusing, especially once it involved Shane Warne as well!
Nat comes every year to this event and 2009 was no exception! He was even successful at the silent auction. He is getting very sneaky!
Blake and Robbie were a little late due to work but I appreciated being able to stay at there house after the event which was only 5 mins away. I was able to get more sleep before swimming training the next morning!
Getting ready for xmas!
No such thing as snow and a cold xmas here! This is "Surfing Santa" and with 33 degrees predicted for xmas day I think the beach will be calling at some point in time!
This morning it was an early rise so I could ride to Scarborough Beach for the 1800m Tower to Tower swim thru. It was a perfect day for it. The ocean was calm, the water was gorgeous, but ouch!! The stingers were out! They had buckets of ice at the finish line because everyone was beginning to welt as soon as we hit the beach. They hurt and I know after the 2 hour ride home in the heat I am going to suffer tomorrow! Thankfully Danielle Cousins came to the rescue and drove me from the swim finish back to the start to my bike, so at least I didn't have to walk the 2km's along the sand.
A HUGE HAPPY 30th BIRTHDAY TO MY BROTHER MICHAEL!
I am just about going to go and raid the wardrobe to decided what to wear tonight. I can't believe how many times I have been able to wear a dress this week! It has been great!
Pity about the terrible "triathlete" tan lines though!
Also, Happy Birthday to Cycling Champ Bec, for tomorrow!
The camera will be working over time this weekend for some great shots for my next blog!