I have been to Hawaii so many times that I have lost count, but since the first time I have not be back to a Luau. Last night we returned and it was so much fun!
The traditional flame throwers from Samoa in conjunction with performances from Hawaii, Tahiti, Tomga, Fiji and off course New Zealand.
Although to be honest, I don't think anything beats watching a rugby match between Australia and New Zealand and the performance pre game!
Blue Hawaiian and Pina Colada's were the order of the night and I thought I had better enjoy! Life returns to normal on Saturday when I arrive back in Boise and back into training.
I took the plunge on Monday morning after no sleep, no training for a week, eating and drinking everything I shouldn't it!! It was a public holiday and the famous O'ahu rough open water swim was on! About 3.85km although with how far I ended up at sea, I am sure I swum 4km. No wonder I was stuffed at the end of it!
The ocean was spectacular though and I just about enjoyed every minute of it!
Especially the great breakfast after!
My speedy trip in Vancouver included catching up with some many friends, including Robert, who I actually taught in grade 12 when I was there on a teacher exchange in 2004!
Time goes way too quickly!
Mum, dad and I outside the Vancouver Aquarium
Today I am off in a helicopter ride with dad for a tour of the island. The best way to see everything, from the air!
Apparently the big decision we have to make is to have the doors on or off!
Tough decision!!
Thanks Michael for all the great e-mails, I am reading them and watching the clips everyday! Very Motivational!