Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Swim, bike, run. barn dance?

It is amazing how much you can fit in one day! Saturday was one of those days where it was so jammed packed that I was on such a high by the end of it I had trouble sleeping although I was so physically exhausted!
Before I get to Saturday, I couldn't resist putting this photo up my recent shopping experience. In Australia we by packets of little red sausages that go by the name of "little boys" although probably not legally allowed to call them that anymore.
Well, my trip to Walmart (yes Ang, I have been back to Walmart a few times!) and looking through the cold food section I came across these!
"Skinless Wieners!"
I am not going to say anymore about it!
Back to my jam packed Saturday! It began with a 3km swim at the local pool at 7am (had to wait for it to open!) By 8.30am I had met with John and Jeff and we were on our way towards Idaho City and beyond for a 5 hour pure strength workout. There was a lovely head wind on the way out so we were looking forward to the tail wind on the way back. Not so lucky!
By the time we turned, so had the wind. But who is complaining, this type of training will only make me stronger!
160km's lately I had a short 15 minute jog off the bike before a good feed and quick nap.
After waking I rode the cruiser down to Camels Back where the Hyde Park festival was on. There were food stores, clothing stores, jewelry stores, bands playing and traditional dances happening. There was action everywhere!
No, I did not try an Elk Burger!
The other option was climbing Camel's Back which a lot of people had decided to do in time for a stunning sun set!
I left before then as I was off to a Barn Dance!!
This is Hortie and I ready to hit the dance floor and get into some square dancing!
After an easy day on Sunday the hard work has begun again today and although it was freezing this morning riding to swimming training (I need to wear more layers!) the sun is out and it is nice and warm by the afternoon.
Tomorrow is the official first day of fall!! But fingers crossed there is no rain in sight for a while!