I can't believe it is only 10 sleeps to go before I will be toeing the start line for another Ironman! I am so excited! Even more so that this one will be Ironman New Zealand. I love racing in NZ, the races are so well organised, everyone is so friendly and for me personally I always seem to have a great day when I head south! So why would I not be looking forward to next weekend!
The last few weeks have been dominated by training and with each week you can feel the cumulative fatigue hit the body. The days off become more and more appreciated and a good night sleep is absolute bliss!
But there is always time for friends and family and Monday night was another opportunity to catch up with both my brothers, their better halves and my niece and nephew.
We had yummy apricot chicken, then danced the night away as Nate (who is 18 months old!) showed us the moves of the future.
I have some great footage of him dancing but just need to do a little bit of editing before I put it on my blog.
Every weekend lately has involved a lot of suffering on the bike (in a totally good way off course!) with Time Trial season being in full swing. Unfortunately for me rather than getting quicker I appear to be getting slower as I fatigue, but just wait until I am fresh!! Then the results will come!
Bec has been punishing me in the hills, but I am alone this week as she is in New Zealand for a cycling tour. Gives me a chance to recover before she gets back!!
Croc and I made the long trek up Great Eastern Highway on Sunday to Chidlow for another time trial and for both of us we found it a little hard to find that second gear once the TT has begun. It was quite funny actually, we were all loaded with 2 water bottles, heaps of food, I had my camera, training bikes, training wheels, no wonder people went flying past us with there disc wheels on, aero helmets, booties, and one half full water bottle so there was no extra weight! We will learn for next time!!
Running has been coming along nicely and the body is slowly adapting to some increased milage and so far so good! It as been great getting in some steady runs with Matt, I had become so accustomed to running on my own that I forgot how much fun (and how quickly the time goes!) when you are running with someone else! Plus, it is always nice to share the pain!
The countdown is on and I should really start getting organised! With the next few days in Perth being above 40 degrees I am thinking I am going to find NZ a little bit chilly so some of the great K-Swiss winter range may get to finally be used!