Who would have thought that running slow could be so frustrating!
My 3 weeks of De-fatigue are over and this week marks the beginning of a steady build into Ironman New Zealand. And a slow increase in my running milage!
I am very excited about that one!

But when it comes to running the key is for me at the moment is "time on the feet". I am not wearing any gadgets to tell me how fast I am going. Just a stop watch to determine when I start and when I should finish. The pace is totally irrelevant. The secret is to just go out and run! One foot in front of the other.

For someone like me who just wants to go out and run hard and run fast, this is a challenge! A huge challenge. And although running hard and fast may have worked for a little while in the past, it eventually got me into trouble and in a place I never want to be in again. So something had to change and this is it!

I am excited to be out there, just running! Listening to Ben Greenfield and his podcasts each week and getting an education at the same time. Or counting how many "good mornings" I get back in return. Enjoying the awesome Perth weather, and taking in all the sun and vitamin D before it all changes.

This weekend and a trip down south to Margaret River and Busselton will provide a change of scenery and the opportunity to train on the Half Ironman and Ironman course. A place where dreams are made off and one day I look forward to making one of those races my own!

Time to get organised and pack for the weekend. The hardest decision to make is what pair of K-Swiss shoes will it be this Saturday?
Here's to running slow!! Because the reality is, it is a blessing to be able to do it at all!!