Thursday, February 18, 2010

What day is it?

Do you ever wake up in the morning and have to think twice about what day it is?
I am finding that it is happening to me a lot lately! I generally can work out what day of the week it is if I have a swim squad session or a cycle TT. The rest, who knows?
During one of my easy runs this week I decided to define each of the days of the week for me in regards to what my training routine is so I could wake up in the morning and say "today is whip it Wednesday!" and know exactly what the plan is.
This is what I came up with:

MOPEY MONDAY - easy/recovery day, a swim maybe, lots of stretching, but more importantly this is the day I spend the morning with my mum. Some women time. We go out for breakfast, do the grocery shopping and try and tackle the weekly household chores on one day!
TANGO TUESDAY - back into the swing of things, 3 to tango, I do a bit of each, swim/bike/run to prepare my self for the rest of the week!
WHIP IT WEDNESDAY - Today is all about the bike and a solid session on the compi. Gotta get that heart rate up and work it! Easy to do at the moment watching the Winter Olympics!
THANKFUL THURSDAY - Long run day! No matter how I am feeling today is a reminder that I am thankful that I can run, and I am loving it! Leaving just before the run comes up then watching it rise over the city and swan river. It is stunning!
FORCEFUL FRIDAY - Big gear work! Patience will see me through!
SUPER SATURDAY - Bring it on! This the long training day or the race stimulation. Hitting the hills with the guys doing the Raffles Ride or hanging on for dear life to Bec's wheel up Gooseburry Hill. Never a dull moment on a Saturday! An afternoon sleep is compulsory in preparation for:
SUFFER SUNDAY - Well that is what it is at the moment! With all the ATTA Time trails on it is great to get a hard hit out across various distances from 80km to 28km! And with Emma Pooley (Olympic Silver Medalist) training in Perth, the pace is on!

So there you have it! A summary of my week!
I have also upped the anti recently in the kitchen and loving it!
I couldn't let this post go without saying a HUGE "GOOD LUCK" to everyone swimming in the crazy Rottnest Channel swim on Saturday!
www.rottnestchannelswim.com.au
20 km of open water swimming from Cottosloe Beach to Rottnest Island. The biggest open water event of it's kind in the world!
I can't remember everyone but to:
Wesley, Barry, Natalia, Emmy, Charlie (watch out for this solo, she is going to swim fast!) and everyone I swim with!
Have a great day and I hope the conditions are like this for you on Saturday!

Dinner at the Witches Cauldron last night was a treat with mum, dad and Benedict and Elise from Singapore.
We spent the entire night discussing the differences in culture from one country to the next, the good and the bad. It was actually very educational!!
Time to go run, a week on Sunday and I am off to New Zealand, can't wait to head back to Taupo. May be a little chilly after Perth but nothing my new Blue Seventy Wetsuit won't take care off!