Sunday, November 29, 2009

Getting Organised!

Yep, I have been home long enough and it is packing time again. I am on the move! No need to worry about luggage allowance this time or overweight suitcases. It just has to fit in the back of my car.
Last night was a pleasant reminder of the beauty of Perth with a delicious dinner on the South Perth foreshore. I consider this one of the best views of Perth city either by day or night. Especially now, heading into summer, there was no wind last night and an awesome reflection in the Swan River.
Yes, we have given in to peer pressure and have our own Ferris Wheel but who knows how long it will last. I am not sure it is making the money they were hoping at this point in time.
Dinner was a chance to catch up with one of my brothers, Blake and his wife Robbie
And off course father and daughter always have plenty to say..!
Now I am sitting here typing away rather than packing my bags for the trip south. I think they call it procrastination...!
Thanks to Bec, I have some motivational reading to get me through the week in the lead up to Ironman Western Australia. I know one I start reading this one I won't be able to put it down. I had better hold off until I at least get there!
The main items are in the bag! Race uniform, awesome K-Swiss running shoes, Ryders Sunglasses. I do seem to be missing a helmet and Blue Seventy Wetsuit. No wonder I can't find them, they are somewhere over the ocean, still not having arrived yet after I sent them from the USA 3 weeks ago! Apparently held up in customs in Sydney. Not sure what they think they are going to find!
After swimming and a short run tomorrow, followed by Acupuncture, it is a quick trip to Subiaco to pick up Scott Neyedli a fellow PRO who will be staying with us for the week. We will stay in Margaret River for a couple of nights first then return to Busselton on Wednesday for final preparations for the big dance!
6 sleeps to go!
Am I nervous?
You bet ya!
But I would be worried if I wasn't!