Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It doesn't take long!

It hasn't taken long and I am back into my normal Perth routine (if there is such a thing!) After arriving home to heat and humidity, then the rain, now the heat again, the body has been all over the place and now wonder I got sick. It is not so bad now, just a bit of a sniffly nose that wants to hang around for a while.
I am still trying to catch up with everyone I haven't seen for 6 months. It was great to go for a ride with Bec on the weekend, I am sure on our ride along the Freeway Bike path and back again we were able to cover a lot of ground, in regards to gossip!! The 90km wasn't too bad either!
We have an addition to the family at the moment as we are baby sitting "Brandy" a neighbors dog for the week. I am finding it quite amusing that the 2 dogs living in our house at the moment are named after alcoholic drinks..Brandy and Bailey!
I can no longer enjoy the luxury of jumping on a "cruiser" and riding to swim training or downtown for a spot of shopping. It is back to the trusty Festiva to get me from A to B and there is a lot of traveling going on at the moment. Traffic, something I did not miss!
I was spoilt in Boise with the "Kate Bevilaqua Training Room" at Jeff's house. Now I am home Kate's garage is getting all hot and sweaty again. I need to remind mum not to turn the dryer on before I have finished my workouts otherwise it is a sauna! Maybe when I am training for Hawaii she can do that!

The pool is freezing at the moment and if I can't be bothered to grab a couple of bags of Ice a quick dip in the water is just as good.
It was a beautiful morning this morning and I couldn't believe I needed my sunglasses on at 5am driving to the pool. It was another chance to catch up with people including Croc and Ian Klasens (my Perth Bike Mechanic!)
I didn't think that anything has changed, but one thing has! For a guy that couldn't swim and couldn't run he is now doing an Ironman in Jan, Challenge Wanaka!! I can't believe it, he has given in to the peer pressure!! I think it is fantastic and he will be hooked after just one!
For me it is now time for some much needed R and R. It has been a whirlwind couple of weeks and I really need this time to settle down, get healthy and begin to focus on the next 10 days. It is easy to forget sometimes that life just gets in the way. But I wouldn't change I thing, I love it! Bring on the challenges and I will take them all on, one by one! (with a little help from my family and friends off course!)
On another note, finally, tonight is my turn and I am off to see "New Moon" at the Drive Ins!! Can't wait to see what all the hype is about. I loved the books but sometimes the movies just don't live up to the expectations. I will have to wait and see!