It didn't take long and I was back into the Perth way of life, like I had never even left.
It was funny, on my final flight home from Sydney to Perth I was having a nice chat to the guy sitting next to me and he said as we were disembarking the plane, "don't worry, nothing has changed!". He was right!
The only thing I have noticed so far that has changed has been the extensions to the shopping centre over the road from our house, finally they are finished!
The next morning it was straight down to Cottesloe beach for some open water swimming and although it was still a little bit overcast it was great to be in the ocean again.
I was concerned about jumping into the car and driving as I thought I might find myself wondering onto the right hand side of the road, but it all just came back naturally again.
I had more trouble keeping to the left when I was running along the foreshore yesterday rather than when I am in the car.
I was lucky that I was back in time to watch Bec compete in the Tour De Perth over the weekend. As part of the Plan B team she was given her job to do and was the work horse over the entire weekend. It is fantastic to see how far she has come in such a short amount of time, and considering she only recently broke her collar bone and is already back in top form!
Saturday afternoon after a smashing with the guys up in the hills (I put my poor effort down to jet lag!!) I was straight in the car for the drive to Margaret River and a weekend at the holiday house. My first drive on the new freeway extension cut 30 minutes off the traveling time which was great! By the time I arrived it was a quick stretch, unpack then early dinner as I had committed myself to swim as a part of the Margaret River Masters Team in the Geo Bay Swim.
5am rise, brekky and I was on my way to Dunsborough for the first leg of the swim. It was 19.2km all up and I was part of a team of 5. But unfortunately one member had to suddenly pull out, so not being able to say no, I was psyching myself up for 7km of open water swimming! What was I thinking?
The first leg I was greeted by clear blue water, and some dolphins were following those a little further out. I felt a little sluggish and just took it easy, enjoying being in such a gorgeous location.
I was swimming the first and 3rd legs if the swim so had just over an hours break before I was back in the water again from Siesta Park to Abbey Boat Ramp. I felt so much better this time and find myself in a really good rhythm that I was able to maintain the entire way.
In the end I was glad to be finished, quite tired and very salty!
2 hours drive back home and I walked around like a Zombie for a few hours before falling asleep just after 7pm!
Monday morning I dragged myself our of bed for swimming training and was greeted with a huge paddle set! The arms were screaming after the first 1000m! Hopefully now 3.8km is not going to be such a big deal anymore! Now I just need to concentrate on swimming it faster!
Since the weekend the clouds have come in and today it hasn't stopped raining! What is the deal, I thought I left winter behind me in the USA!
The culmination of travel, lack of sleep, hot, cold has all caught up with me as yesterday I woke up with a blocked nose and sore throat! Nothing too bad, more of a nuisance than anything else!
I have finally unpacked my suitcase but am still waiting for a box I sent home nearly 2 weeks ago! I hope I see it again!
With 2 weeks until Busso I am getting so excited but more importantly looking forward to a rest day on Sunday and a chance to recharge the batteries!