Just a quick post as I begin my 2 day journey home! Yes, the world is such a small place but it can still take a little bit of time to virtually get from one side of the world to the other! From Boise to Seattle 1 1/2 hrs , a 3 hour lay over in Seattle before my flight to Honolulu, about 5 1/2 hours I think, getting me into Honolulu around 9-9.30pm. Straight to the airport hotel for a little bit of sleep before getting up at 5am to get my 9 hrs plus flight to Sydney. Once in Sydney the fun begins again as I clear customs (with my 4 pieces of luggage! 1 bike case, 2 wheel bags and a suit case!) then change airports from International to Domestic for the final flight 5 hours from Sydney to Perth. After leaving Boise at 12pm I Monday I will arrive home on Wednesday night at 9.30pm! Almost an Ironman!!
So now I find myself a quarter of the way through the journey hanging out at Seattle airport!
Fun, fun fun! NOT!!
I will be finished my book before I even get on the plane! May have to buy another one!
At least I had plenty of time this morning for a 45oo masters swim session and then a great run on the treadmill.
I have been surprised how long it has taken me to recover from racing in Austin, but this morning, finally it was the best I have felt since race day.
That may have something to do with Mark being able to squeeze me in for a massage on Sunday afternoon!
It has been a day of mixed emotions as I said goodbye to my Boise Family for the last 6 months this morning.
Kevin, Hortie (and of course their dog Milo) and John and Jeff who have been the best training partners for me while I have been away.
I was sad to say goodbye, but at the same time already plan on returning next year so know it is only temporary.
Now I am excited about seeing my family and friends again in Perth and to put some shorts on, swim at the beach and have the sun up the same time as me!
I will just have to train the brain though to go back to driving on the left hand side of the road! Or is it the right?
See you soon!!