Thursday, October 16, 2008

Flowers!

I have been totally spoilt with flowers over the last week! I have never had so many, it has been rather nice to scatter them around the house so which ever way I go it brings a smile to my face!



My "get well" teddy has a big job in front of him! Now I just need a name? I was thinking along the lines of "Kona" a reminder of where I want to be this time next year! 
At our house down south for the weekend. I am becoming quite good at doing things with my left hand although I am right handed. The students at school this week have been quite impressed because they can actually read my writing on the board!
Mum picked up my scans the other day which I had last week to assess the degree of healing that had taken place on my stress fracture of my sacrum. The report came back claiming healing had not yet occurred. I was like "you have to be joking!" not that I can run at the moment anyway, but are you telling me over the last 6 weeks nothing has improved?
I met with Dr Carmel Goodmen yesterday and thankfully she told me that healing has occurred but not fully and it will need at least another 4 weeks. She also advised me considering the situation I am in that 4 weeks of completely nothing, no cycling, would be best. There is still no proof that cycling doesn't aggravate it even though there is no pain. So the countdown is on until the 9th November when I have been told to run for 15 minutes then see Carmel the next day. Yah, I can get excited again!
Meanwhile, it has been so hard not doing any exercise. To go from training for an Ironman to doing nothing at all. I might as well enjoy it because hopefully it will be all over soon!
I have decided from this Saturday I am going to get up every morning and go for a bit of a walk just to clear the mind!
Okay, my left arm is getting tired now! Time to get ready for work, it is taking me a bit longer to get ready these days!