Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Injury Survival Kit!



Although I haven't been at swimming for 3 weeks and it will at least be another 3 weeks before I am allowed to think about it, I was pleasantly surprised last week when Michelle presented me with a gift from the swimming squad referred to as the "Injury Survival Kit!" (sorry some of the photo's are the wrong way around!)
There was a "trashy" magazine to catch up on all my gossip, something I usually do the week before an Ironman to relax. So, because I didn't race Hawaii I was a little behind the times, not anymore!
A "Comeback Motivation" sheet which highlighted some very famous comebacks after injury and setbacks, plus some local ones were are all well aware off.
A book to read while I sleep in late! If I thought Ironman racing was crazy, try running 50 marathons in 50 days! 
Some new music for my IPOD. Which I actually busted when I came off my bike because I landed on it and totally cracked the screen. So once I replace it.... at least there will be some new tunes on there! I am the biggest fan of 80's music, time to get some more!
And finally a card from everyone in the squad! Thanks so much guys! I can't wait to be back in the water and swimming again. Counting down the days....!
The last few days I have been working/teaching at Christ Church, a bit of Touch Football, Water Polo, Soccer, in a few days I have Kayaking which will be fun with one arm! More walking and water running and today I even enjoyed a 60 minute spin on my bike in the garage. Yah!! One more follow up appointment next week an x-ray and things are looking good!