Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Patience...One Day at a time!

These are the key words at the moment and every one is telling me this. From my parents and friends to the physio's, doctors and surgeons. One day at a time will get me to where I want to be. 
I had my first follow up appointment with the surgeon yesterday and he was really happy with how the "clavicle" is progressing. He was surprised with how much movement I had but wanted me to be careful over the next couple of weeks and still wear the sling at work. I can understand this because I am teaching PE and the kids are running away everywhere. I can just see one of them accidently running into me. Ouch!
I have another appointment with him in 2 weeks time and an x-ray. Hopefully by then all will be looking good and I can move forward from there.
From the surgeons I only had to walk downstairs to see John Annear my physio. It was great because we came up with a plan of attack for the next couple of weeks which included some water running and a couple of 30-60 min spins on my bike in the garage. Yah, I am so excited about that. I am also starting a basic strength and core stability program. I did it for the first time last might and today my bum is sore!!
Something I didn't think about but now had to look into is what drugs I was given while I was in the hospital and post surgery. I need to find out if they are on the Banned list. If they are, I can fill out out form to claim they were used for theraputic reasons and there will be no problems. So I need to follow it all up with the doctor.
Last weekend I attended a fantastic event of wine tasting at the Vines Country Club and resort. I have some great photo's which I will download when I get home (at work now!) of myself, Barry, Julie, Wesley, mum and dad enjoying some fortified wines valued up to $700 a half bottle! No wonder they tasted so good!
Tonight is the launch of or local Triathlon WA Season. A chance to catch up with everyone you haven't seen since last season and catch up on the gossip! Should be an interesting night!