Tuesday morning I was so excited to get through a 2 hour pain free cycle on the compi with a little help from Mel and Kochie on sunrise. The pain is progressively getting less and less. It now really feels like more of an ache and a tight muscle pain than anything else. My concern at the moment is the right side feels great (the side of the fracture) while the left side actually hurts more. But all my support crew have quite confidently told me this would be residual and probably due to a bit of over compensation. I hope they are right!
After my "pain free" session yesterday it was another visit to the physio for more breathing and "bum" exercises before tackling the school holiday pool for water running. The challenge today was avoiding the massive waves and splash being created by kids as they jumped off the diving board. I felt like I was running in the open water rather than an indoor pool. It definitely made the time go by a lot quicker.
Last night I had my first experience of acupuncture! I told you, I am desperate to try absolutely everything! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I should have taken my camera so you could see literally the 25 plus needles I had scattered all over the back of me. Niki was so nice and made me feel very comfortable and I must admit I could honestly feel the energy and affects of the needles on my muscles. Fingers crossed the body is flowing and the healing is happening.
So why, too much information?
It has nearly been 7 weeks since I last ran, 7 weeks since my last race and next Monday is my CT scan and Wednesday is D-day when I found out if a bit of walk/jogging is allowed or I need to wait longer. Today I have wasted too much time on the internet finding out what a potential return to running program could be. There was countless amounts of information but all outlining how much of a slow process it is and the fact I still have a good 2-3 months of easy endurance work if I want to play it safe.
My new mantra will have to be "Patience"
I was a physical education teacher for 8 years, you would think I have a little bit of patience! When it comes to me, no way! This is a tough one but playing it smart is the only way I will be able to celebrate bigger and better successes in the future!
To one of my biggest fans, my Nan, Happy 85th Birthday for Thursday! Honestly, she would give a good number of 50 years olds a run for their money. I only pray that I will be as healthy and full of life as she is at her age.