That bloody thing called a body clock just never changes. It was a very relaxing feeling going to bed last night and not setting the alarm, I will get out of bed when I wake up. But without fail I was wide awake at 4.45am! NO! I don't have to get up yet, what are you doing! I forced myself back to sleep for another hour but by 6am I was over it and did my daily stretching routine while watching Sunrise.
The other lesson learnt today, was swimming at 10am the sun is up and it was a nice day compared to swimming at 5.30am. So after 90 minutes of training on a cloudless day a quick shower revealed a nice bright red back! Yes, I was a little burnt and will need to remember to cover up if I plan to do any more midday swimming!
It was then home and time for lunch, a quick chat to Blake and Robbie before Blake flew off to the mines again then I was back in the pool for my 45 minute water running session for the day. Being a public holiday and school holidays the kids were out in large numbers and unfortunately the diving board was opening so there was a few waves and belly flops to contend with but it also provided plenty of entertainment.
Last night I enjoyed a very relaxing and yummy dinner with my girlfriend from high school Kerry. Unfortunately (or fortunately) whichever way you want to look at it! Kerry, her boyfriend, another couple and her mum had all planned to make the trip to Kona this year to watch me race and have a well deserved holiday. They are still going (off course!) and will take plenty of photo's for me, there may even be a t-shirt! We spoke about all the great places to visit and endless things to do in Hawaii so I am pretty confident they will come back and be quite happy to go again next year!!
As for an update on the bum/back, only time will tell. I have stayed flat on my bike only riding for a couple of hours at a time (except last saturday I went just a little longer!) there has been no running except in the water and I have been careful when swimming in particular kicking. This time next week I have a CT scan and if it shows %80 healing my doctor may give me the opportunity to begin some walk jogging for 15 - 20 minutes! PLEASE!! My fingers are crossed!
Otherwise it will be "sorry we have to wait another couple of weeks!"
To all those "Sandgropers" heading to Kona this week, you guys are ready!! Travel safe and relax for the next couple of weeks, the hard work is done!