After finally making it back to "Our Villa" on Saturday night, loading up on food (although as support crew I didn't really need to but thought I would join in with everyone else!) we eventually made it to bed by 11.20pm. That was fine, no problems! It was when the alarm went off Sunday morning at 3am that I began to have a problem! This is ridiculous! I get more sleep the night before an Ironman than I had on Saturday night! By 3.30am we were on our way and the boys had begun there first paddle leg in the dark and were on there way!
Derek and Simon all smiles at the beginning of the race! Not knowing exactly what they had in front of them!!
The girls all rugged up at the finish line waiting for the boys! As you can tell is was freezing cold on Sunday! The wind and rain made things very difficult!
But the boys soldiered on and had a fantastic second day to cross the finish line 4th overall on the Sunday. What better way to celebrate, and recover, than with a "shot" as soon as you cross the finish line!
Congratulations Guys! It was a truly inspirational performance!
The girls had to celebrate as well off course! It had been a tough weekend for us too! "Knitty Yana" successfully knitted 3 1/2 scarf's over the course of the weekend!
So now, after a weekend of no sleep, no exercise and lots and lots of food, I am officially back into a bit more of a regular swimming and cycling routine, and hopefully only 10 more days until I get the "go ahead" for a little bit of walk jogging! Only time will tell!