Celebrating Nats Birthday at the OBH!
I must apologise for the tardiness of this blog! The last few days have just flown by (no excuse I know!) but at least they have been productive!
Over the weekend I enjoyed a flat ride with Sandy, Liam, and JA. Thank god for them dragging my butt around. The pace was steady along the freeway but coming back into Freo through Safety Bay Liam had way to much energy and I was struggling for dear life! "get the wheel, get the wheel" was going through my head. I left them in Freo as I spun home along the river.
It was then time for a dip in the pool with Paul Newsome's group and some much needed technique work before meeting my brother and his fiance Robbie in Subiaco. It was wedding invitation time! Now I know why they invited me to come along with them! They both have great ideas but struggle to make decisions. I was the third cog in the wheel "yes" or "no" were the only words coming out of my mouth! It therefore didn't take long before we were enjoying lunch in a cafe.
Sunday was much of the same but included a trip to my nan's house for tea and cake followed by a drink at the OBH to celebrate Nat's Birthday!
My weekdays lately have been spent traveling from one side of the city to the other from Physio, to water running, back to Physio!
Finally today I made a detour and got the results from my MRI Scan!
Unfortunately they were not good and I have a stress fracture of the Sacrum!! At first I thought some one was playing a joke on me and replied with "are you serious!" I was so confident it was only going to be muscular but the scans prove otherwise and the verdict for me is 10 - 12 weeks!
As you can imagine I was pretty devastated. That means no Ironman Hawaii for 2008. I was so excited about competing in my 10th Ironman and just being there for the 30th anniversary was gong to be special. But my health comes first! Yes, I have shed plenty of tears today and am trying to understand why it happened. The general consensus appears to be that it is due to bone density so I will hopefully be seeing another specialist in a couple of days to see what I can do in that area.
I am already over the "why me!" scenario, what is done is done and I must move on and do everything I can to get myself right and ready to race by 2009! Driving home from the specialist it was easy to be brought back to reality as I live just near where there was a horrible crash on Friday night and 3, 17 year olds were killed in a car crash! At least I am still breathing, and still alive to live another day!!
So my adventures will continue just along a path not taken for the next 3 months