Thursday, September 18, 2008

Paperwork and Homework!

I haven't had to worry about homework since finishing my degree at University in 1999! I guess I have marked a whole heap of it being a teacher for 8 years. But to be honest, I was lucky! As a Physical Education teacher there is not too much in regards to homework and marking. Lucky me! But now, I find myself with a large pile of paperwork and homework that has to be done before my next visit to the Phsyio next Tuesday. I don't mind this work though. Anything that is going to be get me back on track I am into it, so bring it on!
My bone density results are in and I did sort of expect them to come back negative. Yes, I do have low bone density and what they call "Osteopenia". This is in-between normal and osteoporosis. But I am on the low/mild end of the scale which is great! There are things I can do to prevent any further loss and I am glad to have found this out now rather than in a few years time. Millions of women have "Osteopenia" and most never even know about it! I have one more visit tomorrow with a fantastic doctor in Perth who is going to help me with this side of things. 
My paper pile is building up! MRI scans of the pelvic region. Can you see the stress fracture? I couldn't either!!

X-rays to see how bad the stress fracture is! Not that bad! Yah!!
My notes and paper work from the Physio. All the exercises and activities I must complete each week!
This weekend I have a new challenge! My friend Nat is competing in an adventure race in Albany, about 5 hours south of Perth. He is competing in a team of 4 over the 2 day event. It is going to be a tough one, but they seemed organised and ready to go! I am support crew for the weekend and will be doing my best to feed him and keep him motivated all the way to the finish line. I am actually quite lucky he is trusting me to take on this position again. Last time I was support crew for him, I missed one of the pit stops and unfortunately he had to keep going without any nutrition. I won't be making that same mistake again!
My girlfriend Bec is also competing in the State Time Trial Champs for Road Cycling. She is improving in leaps and bounds lately and has finally realised how talented she is on the bike! Goodluck Bec! Have a blinder and race hard!