The lower back is still quite generally sore though and just tends to ache all the time. The cushion is such a relief rather than sitting on hard surfaces.
The road to recovery has begun and unfortunately time is not something I have any control over!
I had my first "specialist" visit on Monday and went to see Dr Daelyn Cullen who is a Sports Physician. I was given the 6-8 week scenario of no running or weight bearing activities and to keep the cycling short/flat and not painful! So my long rides at present are about 1 - 1 1/2 hrs!
I think my body has shut down and thinks it is in taper mode! I thought because I wasn't doing as much training I would feel fresh and ready to go but not at this point in time. Maybe in a couple of weeks it will come around.
Dr Daelyn drew me plenty of diagrams and came up with a list of things to accomplish over the next few weeks to eliminate any other factors that may have contributed to the stress fracture.
This is my list:
1 - no running
2 - Video analysis of my running and cycling technique
3 - Continuing to see a sports Physio and discuss possible strength activities
4 - See Dr Carmel Goodmen for all things hormonal and related to women!
5 - See Simone Allen, nutritionist for an overview of my diet
6 - A Bone Density Scan
So, I am not running!
Yesterday I met with Simon Allen, we looked at increasing the calcium in my diet (the biggest concern at present is that the Stress Fracture is related to poor bone density!) and I no longer will be drinking any Coke Zero or diet drinks, apparently they limit the amount of calcium absorption in the bones. Not what I need!
My Bone Density Scan is this afternoon and my meetings with the Sports Physio and Dr Carmel Goodmen are next week.
I just need to take it one step at a time!
Meanwhile, I have some accommodation for Hawaii if anyone needs it? Unfortunately no refund for me unless they fill the house between now and then, so let me know if you are interested!