There is a first for everything! This being my first time injured I have decided "I don't like it!". I am so over it already! I feel so lazy and all I want to do is run. I am going to remember this when I am next in the middle of a heavy training block and I don't feel like running! Yesterday I met the guys at the Raffles for the usual hills ride, they were heading out for 150-160km. What did Kate do? She rode the hour on the flats out to the bottom of the hills and then turned around and came home again. A whole 2 1/2 hours! I can't remember the last time my Saturday morning ride was that short. I was home, showered, had breakfast, been to vote, stretched and it still wasn't even 10am yet! I hope this doesn't last too long!
The picture below is my most recent lifesaver! My cushion! It is going everywhere with me to sit on and relieve as much pressure as possible on the sacrum. It has traveled a fair bit the last 48 hours. In the car, watching a game of netball, to a friends house. I even had it under my arm as I arrived at dinner on Saturday night with my brother Michael and his wife Ang. My little niece Ella was so cute, I nearly left without my cushion and she picked it up for me "Kate, don't forget your pillow!"
Talking about doing crazy things..! Check this out...
www.marathonswm.com/Marathon%20swim.html
This is my great friend Tony from Vancouver and he is planning to swim a marathon! Yep, 42.2km in the pool (a 25m pool!) to raise money for charity.
If you live in Vancouver and can help out, sign up for an hours swim or lap counting. If you are any where else in the world I am sure he would appreciate any donation you can afford!