The last few days have been busy with visits to the Physio every day. Lots of stretching and yesterday I even spent the afternoon shoe shopping! My brother is getting married in Jan and I am a brides maid! (how exciting!) So it was off with Robbie and Maria to try and find that perfect pair of shoes. We got a few good ideas but thought we would wait until our dresses arrive next month before making the final decision. Robbie is so much taller than my brother that as the Bride she is actually going to wear flat shoe so it doesn't look so odd! They remind me of a Katie Holmes/Tom Cruise kind of couple! We even joked about getting blocks made for the bottom of my brothers shoes! (sorry Blake!)
It is 5am and running outside at the moment and I can't believe on top of everything I have had a grumpy cold the last few days! Oh well! I guess it might as well all happen at once!
After my scans today I am off the Northbridge for another water running session. Man, that was tough! I didn't realise how hard it would be! I was sweating running in the water!
JA has a fantastic set up at his Physio which also includes two indoor water running pools. They are purely set up for water running and swimming against a current you can adjust with the push of a button. I started off at level 2 thinking "this is not so bad" and completed a nice little warm up. JA then suggested cranking it up to 3 and doing some intervals. It was time to hang on! If I didn't push the pace then I was the one being pushed to the back of the pool. It was crazy! But I really enjoyed it and was so excited to actually be running, even though it was in the water!
I am also doing a little presentation this morning at Worley Parsons in the City. I have been coaching a group of their employees for the City to Surf this weekend and am excited to see how they go. They have a meeting this morning and I am going to "fire them up!" and motivate them not only for the weekend but for the next financial year!!
Anyway, time to go, I must swim before the day begins!