Thursday, August 14, 2008

Time with Friends!

Just a quick post to let you know what I have been up to over the last few days!
I left the cold of Perth on Monday for what I was hoping was some warm temperatures in Brisbane, yes the sun was shinning but it was still cold. It was like still being in Perth! Oh well, I can't complain!
I was greeted by two fantastic friends with the biggest hearts and smiles on their faces, Allanah and Grayson. I was to be totally spoilt over the next couple of days with them.
From the aiport we headed out for a delicious dinner and yummy sushi! Before we continued on to their house and as soon as my head hit the pillow I was asleep! It has been a long day of travelling.
Tuesday morning after a short run with Grayson and Holly (their gorgeous dog!) I was taken to Ecka! (I think I spelt that right?) which is the Brisbane Royal Show. Heaps of exibitions, food, animal shows, entertainment non stop, side show alley, show bags, you name it! Unfortunately for Allanah, Grayson and I are both not the real show ride type of people so although I am sure she was itching to test out her stomach on a few rides, the giant slide was the highlight of the day!
I came away with some delicious herbal tea (I am going through a bit of a "fetish" at the moment!) and a Luxury Show Bag!
When I was in New Zealand earlier this year for the Ironman, I had the most delicious Pina Coloda Herbal tea! It was yum! But I haven't been able to find it again! I did at the show though and I am enjoying one right now!
From the show it was a brief stop at one of the local pools for a swim, but it didn't last too long as it was so cold that Grayson and I were out just as soon as we were in! Allanah was sitting on the grass reading a magazine and she was ready to leave and wait in the car with the heater on!
A fantastic home cooked meal was to follow and plenty of Olypmic action on the T.V.
What a Day!
Now, I find myself in Yeppoon with mum and Aunty Rita where unfortunately it still isn't any warmer, although the sun is shinning, so I can't complain.
"Casper" is all ready to go and felt great today as I rode a couple of laps of the bike course. I am still feeling a little heavy in the legs after the last few weeks of training, but can't wait to race on Sunday. I know once it all starts it is 100% and nothing less!
The rest of the gang arrive from Perth tomorrow, it will be great to catch up with them for a bite to eat and an open water swim.
I have plenty of photo's to come, but for now, I am tired and looking forward to a good nights sleep!