I have been trying to work on my mental approach to my 30CP Test. I always go into it with a "I feeling tired today" sort of attitude and subconsciously give myself permission to just see what happens. But I have changed that. Yes, I still may be tired or the legs sore from the previous track session but who cares! I will go in and and I will give session %110. All that I have to give on that day at that time. So that is what I did and I was pleasantly surprised! I was excited 4 weeks ago to produce a PB on the test and that was during an easy week. This week, I was not so sure, half way through my second hard week, you know all those typical excuses. But I wasn't going to let them get in the way. 10 minutes into the test I realised I was in a better position than this time during the last test. This is great! Now to focus and hold it! And I did!! Yah!! The mind games were played out during the 20 - 30 minute mark but I held strong and now have a lot more confidence about how my training is going and my build up to Hawaii.
This was my high!
Fast forward to the next morning, swimming training, a decent warm up with quite a bit of speed work, what did this mean? Yep, you guessed it! Time trial, 800m! Bugger!!
Again, last time I swam a PB and I so wanted to do better than last time. But unfortunately it was not to be! 20 seconds slower was the best I could do. But I know that I gave it my all during that swim that is what matters!
This was my low!
Yesterday afternoon my girlfriend Bec rang our house with sad news. Her Grandma had unfortunately passed away. This was my reality check!
Life is short but to be lived to the full! Everyday is a blessing, a chance to smile and laugh, a chance to do something new and exciting or spend time with family and friends.
Bec, the Bevilaqua's are thinking of you, Travis, your mum and dad and the rest of your family at this time and know for your Grandma it will be a celebration of a Life well lived!!
KTx