The weekend brought some fantastic weather, the sun was shinning, is wasn't as cold as it has been, the wind may have been a howling from the east but great practice for Kona! Yesterday's Raffles ride saw a few new faces come to join the group and they were even willing to work hard into the wind! Although on the way out to the hills there didn't really seem to be any type of shelter! At the bottom of Kalamunda the group split up as some headed straight to the Bakery but for Romano and I it was a big day in the hills and I have to thank him for dragging my "sorry ass!" through Mundaring and back up to Kalamunda. I hung on for as long as I could but eventually the elastic broke but it was rewarding to know I had worked hard. Eventually up at the Bakery we met up with JA and I had that Coke I had been salivating over for a few hours! It was enough to get me home and out for a short run.
Sunday was more of the same. Same weather, same wind, but different people to cycle with! I met Ross and Paul and Riverton and after Michelle got close to home, she turned around to fix it and we met her along Shelley foreshore. An enjoyable ride around the river followed, at least for half of the lap anyway, with a strong tail wind.
Once home it was onto the treadmill for my brick session and run with efforts. The first one I got through okay, the second effort, thank god for the swimming finals at the Olympics, watching Stephanie Rice swim to a gold medal and world record got me through that one. But by effort 3, it was all over!! The speed was slowly dropping as was my ability to put one foot in front of the other! Although the last effort was not at the desired pace, it was all that I had left. Yah! I made it!
A quick shower, change and in the car for the second last Eagles home game against Essendon.
They did it again! Another victory! Although, those last few minutes were a bit too intense for my liking.
Tomorrow I am off to Brisbane for a few nights to spend some time with my great friends Allanah and Grayson before heading to Yeppoon with mum on Wednesday for the Half next weekend.
Bring it on!! I can't wait to do a race!
Right now though I have a big smile on my face as I think about sleep!