The "Bum" muscle does not seem to be getting any better. I have still not been able to run since the half ironman and silly me thought by now everything would be back to normal. Riding was okay so I continued with my program and stuck to the sessions. I had a big one in the hills on Saturday and I think that may have aggravated it a little bit. Riding on the flat was fine so after reaching the Bakery in Kalamunda I came back down Welshpool Road and continued my ride on the flats. I think the damage may have been down already. It was a easy lap around the river on Sunday which I enjoyed with Ross, Paul and Jen. Paul and Jen were one day away from a 2 months holiday around the world and it was so exciting hearing about all the adventures they have planned including a half ironman in 2 weeks. They will finish their trip in Kona and watch the Ironman (talk about good timing!) so it will be a few days before the race until I see them again! Have a fantastic time Paul and Jen!
Returning from the ride John Annear Physio to the stars said I could attempt a run/walk combination on the grass so I was up for the challenge.
Unfortunately the body (actually the "BUM"!) was not!
Walking was fine but I couldn't even jog for a hundred metres! It was pathetic! I walked back home a little bit scared about exactly what was going on!
Monday after venting my frustrations to Nat, it was back to the physio. I am now booked in for a scan on Friday which hopefully will reveal nothing!! JA is confident it is still muscular but just taking a little bit longer to heal. I am sure he is right!
It is feeling better today than it did yesterday, a step in the right direction!
So, tomorrow I attempt my first ever water running session! I am going crazy not doing any running and this is the next best thing. It will be interesting I am sure but I am willing to try anything. At least I have a little bit of time on my side. 7 weeks until Hawaii, no problems!