Monday, August 4, 2008

30 Something.?!!




The weekend began the same as every other day last week, with rain! It came early before the sun was up and then it was gone! It was such a nice change, and if you have braved those first few showers then the rest of the morning was great, although a little windy! By 6.25am I was at our usual meeting place for the Raffles ride and only Special K and Croc and braved the wet start so we were on our way. I had been training really well all week and meeting my targets (feeling tired and sore) but extremely happy with how things were going. By the time we were half way through the ride the legs were hammered. It was already starting to catch up with me and we were not even on our way down the hill yet! Thankfully Special K and I were feeling the same although Croc was on fire!! We headed home and lucky for me (or unlucky!) 3km of home I turned around to ask "do I have a flat!" You bet I did!! The ground was becoming very bumpy! It was a chance to test out the quick fix spray can and it least it got me home where I had to replace my second tyre in as many weeks due a large chunk of glass!
After giggling my way through "Cool Runnings" on Saturday night I could not have been more excited about closing my eyes and having a full nights sleep!
This morning at 5am I received a text "welcome the the 30 something club!" it was from my girlfriend Kerry! Yah, today is my birthday! This year I enjoyed a nice family dinner last night at our local plenty of great food, a bottle of wine and yummy dessert! Yes, my family were in shock but the ice cream was delicious!!
Although my niece Ella was full up with a cold she still knows exactly when to smile for the camera! 
There was plenty of family gossip to catch up on, and with my Uncle Neil and Cousin Daryl just having returned from the Eagles/Dockers derby I had to swallow my pride and congratulate them on a great game. We were never gong to win that one! 
My other cousin Wesley was quite happy to ring from Karratha though and remind me of the defeat! (this may have had something to do with the number of alcoholic beverages he had consumed!) I hear that Wiz Bang Tours has been under the pump a little bit lately!
My brother and his wife Ang (and Ella) were very organised and gave me a massage for the week prior the Hawaii Ironman in Kona! Exactly what I will need!!
My Nan and brother Blake
Blake and Robbie are still celebrating after purchasing their first house/apartment last week! It is ideal for me when I have swimming training! I could possibly get an extra 15 minutes sleep in the morning! I guess sister Kate will be visiting a little bit!!
So it has been a productive day with plenty of celebrations and just another reminder of how lucky I am with the special family and friends that I have!
I can't wait for the next 12 months and all the wonderful and exciting adventures in store! 
First on the agenda - a 30 minute CP Test tomorrow! Yah! NOT!!!