Sunday, December 21, 2008

Back into it!

The good news is the arm seems to be getting better and better with every swim session. As long as I don't over do things and am smart... I am progressing. Yah!
The last few days have seen me consistently swimming, cycling and running which has been pretty exciting and enjoying a few christmas drinks and treats a long the way. A must at this time of the year.
Who could believe the day we had yesterday! I would have thought my second hills ride would be a lot easier than the first, no way! Not a chance! The wind and rain made sure of that. Where that storm came from at the end of December when this time last week we were sweltering in 38 degrees, I will never know! I just hope it doesn't happen again. I still haven't cleaned the bike yet and I can hear the sand grind with every pedal!
A big congratulations and Happy Birthday to Bec Halliday!! It was her birthday yesterday and I am off to help her celebrate this afternoon. There will be plenty of photo's to come. The congratulations is for the awesome racing over the state champs. She came away with a number of medals and a place in the state team for the nationals! Way to go girl!!
I know it is christmas but our household is also consumed with the organisation of a wedding which is only a few weeks away! We had our final brides maids dress fitting yesterday and they are gorgeous and I can't wait to wear mine. But we have one mild disaster on our hands! Robbies sister who is also a bridesmaid is coming from Vancouver today. She organised her dress at another store in Vancouver and it arrived on the day she was leaving. She picked it up on the way to the airport only to find out it is the wrong colour! Help!! 
It took 3 months to get there in the first place and now I have 3 weeks to organise another one. The joys of weddings!
Time for an afternoon nap. A week ago I didn't need one, but now......!