Patience - Willingness to put up with waiting, pain, or anything that annoys, troubles or hurts. Calm endurance without complaining or losing self control.
I am trying! But these 2 words are testing me a lot lately!
A week ago I was excited about being back in the water and getting some swimming in. I had even been able to complete 4km in one set. This hadn't happened for over 2 months and when swimming is your weakness any time out of the water is not good. But I was relieved to be back and starting again.
That same afternoon as part of my daily routine I was doing my stretches and just pushed myself with my right arm to roll over. Ouch! Something pulled, there was a sharp pain so but it went away a few hours later so I didn't think much of it.
Back in the water again it was causing me a bit of grief very stroke but I pushed on for a few km's. Much just be a little tightness!
Two days later I tried again but it was even worse! Friday morning there was no freestyle happening at all as I even shed a little tear during the first 50m due to the sharp pain. I was out within 10 minutes and heading for the showers.
An afternoon visit to the Physio revealed a nice little strain of my supraspinatus. The bad news, a little more time out of the water. The good news hopefully only a week. Time will tell. Apparently my arm/shoulder is going to be prone to these sort of things in the short term as it continues to heal.
So you can understand why I am a little frustrated and patience is not high on my agenda at the moment. (Nor is dealing with parking and crowds at Garden City to get my christmas shopping done!)
But on a great note, I am cycling and running and appear to be just about pain free. There was a little bit of discomfort this morning and Michelle and I embarked on out first hills ride this morning but fingers crossed it is all muscular and I will just feel general soreness tomorrow.
Bring on summer! 30 degrees today and tomorrow is magnificent!
Open water swimming anyone?
Maybe I should do the right thing and not swim!
Patience, yes I know!