Missing In Action
Kate Bevilaqua's Fitness
Hasn't been seen since August
Reward will be offered if it can be returned prior to Christmas!
Ouch! The joy of starting from scratch again. Normally it is a couple of weeks of R and R. Enough time to refresh and recover but still not lose too much fitness. This now is a whole new situation. I was excited about the prospect of a 40 minute run on Monday. For 20 minutes it was great. But then.... it was all down hill from there. Heavy breathing and I hadn't even reached 30 minutes, what's the deal!
Yes, I was advised by coach Budgie it will hurt for the first 4-5 weeks and I just laughed it off. But as always he is right!
I was greeted with a 30 minute critical power test yesterday on the bike. It has only taken me a few years to get my head around them and work out how to pace myself a little better. But it doesn't make the test any easier. At least I know after my result yesterday it can only get better from here.
It is great to be back into a just about normal routine again and to be feeling completely knackered and tired by the end of the day, it means I am sleeping so much better! I even had the opportunity to sneak in a 30 minute power nap yesterday afternoon before my last x-ray and appointment with my surgeon regarding my collar bone.
Doctor Colvin is really happy with how it has all gone and pleased that the x-ray was already showing new bone growth. It has a mind of it's own at the moment. One moment all is fine and can swim with no pain and a little tightness. The next, like this morning, there was no freestyle happening. It was hurting. I will do what I can at the moment.
One and a half days to go and the kids have finished school, I am not counting down or anything (NOT!!) but it seems to have been alot of babysitting lately as they are not learning anything new and are getting a bit ratty knowing that the holidays are just around the corner.
By the end of school I would have watched "Coached Carter" 3 times in the last 2 days!!
If you get a chance, send your thoughts of well wishes and a speedy recovery to the poor German lady who was hit by a car in Busselton the other day. She is there for the Ironman but now finds herself in a hospital in Perth in a critical condition. She wasn't even on her bike, just walking on the side of the rode!
Be careful in the last few days!!