Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Weekend with it all!

Today os officially the day before summer and finally it is starting to get hotter! Just in time for the great weekend I just had. Knowing how busy it was going to be I enjoyed a quiet relaxing time at home on Friday in front of the T.V. with a nice glass of wine before hitting the sack early. 
Saturday morning the alarm went off 5am, it is time to get back into more of a routine. I met Michelle under the Riverton Bridge at 5.45am and we were on our way to met the Attadale Cycles group for there group ride. It always starts off nice and easy, everyone having a chat, but once we pass through Freo it begins to break up and you have to decided to go hard and hang on or ease back and do a little less. As Michelle and I realised on Saturday, we just can't help ourselves and it was a great workout. I still turned off early to ride home and felt I could justify a scrumptious breakfast after a 3 hour ride! It was then a quick shower and change for the races!! It was PE day at the races and a number of schools around Western Australia were celebrating the soon to be end of the year at Ascot!

It has been great having another female in the department at Christ Church. Kim has joined the Prep School staff but hangs out with us 3 days  a week. Although rivals during Interschool competitions we were quite happy to share a drink with the Scotch Boys!

From the races I was off to my brother and his wife's house for my first babysitting experience! Ella is now 3 and Nate around 3 months so it was a new challenge for me! Definitely not ready for that juggling act yet! They were so go though! Nate was asleep by 9.30pm and didn't wake up until the next morning. There were a few little noises though the night but I think he was just dreaming!
I was up early Sunday to meet cousin Wez at the Left Bank Triathlon were the turn out was fantastic. The season it well and truly upon us and many fit athletes were racing as far as they could past the Left Bank.
From there it was a short drive with Wez, Paul and Barry for a run along Port Beach, an open water swim to the groin and back then just to top it all off, the best breakfast I have had in a long time at Cafe 58. Actually, there was one thing wrong with it, it was called the Dockers Delite!! I had to get Barry to order it for me because those words were not coming out of my mouth!
It was a fantastic weekend of great company and I feel ready to go. Hopefully the body will respond the way I won't it too and begin to do a little more this week!
To those doing Ironman Western Australia.. enjoy the next week and all the excitment, I am so jealous!!