I have now easily settled into my other routine, work that is! I have been back teaching for 4 weeks now and it didn't take long to feel right at home again. I guess it had only been 9 months since I resigned from Christ Church so not much has changed since then. Not even the students!
I have been reminded of the winter months and standing outside teaching Physical Education in the rain the last few days but thankfully there is a change in the forecast and the summer temperatures seem to be coming our way starting next week. I hope it stays that way!
As triathletes around Australia gear up for the beginning of the season, those in the northern hemisphere are bracing for winter and enjoying their off season. Maybe just a little bit of one for some. This has been my down time and next week I will finally meet with Budgie and come up with a plan which hopefully will lead to a new program in the not too distance future!
It is only 2 sleeps to go before I am allowed to run on Sunday and I can't believe I haven't run since the 17th August!! How long ago was that? Too long for me to want to work out. I would rather think that it has only been a couple of weeks since I have run. My mind is telling me that but I am sure come Sunday, my body will be telling me a different story. That is why my fri end Nat has decided he is going to come along with me for the run, to keep me under control on a bit of a leash and make sure I don't do anything stupid. I am glad he is coming, because I probably will! It also means we will get to enjoy a delicious breakfast somewhere along the beach.
This morning was my third session in the pool and I swum a grand total of 18oom! By then the arm was hurting a little bit because I had progressed onto a bit of breakstroke this morning! Still no freestyle for another week to 10 days. The guys from swimming squad will laugh when they hear I am swimming breastroke because for some reason I hate the stroke and always find a way of avoiding it at training. But now, it is one of the only strokes that I can do, I am starting to like it again! Not that I am any good at it!
Prior to swimming I got in an hour of water running. It is quite social in the running/water lane! Everyone talks about the latest news and asks if you have an injury and what happened. It definitely makes the time go quicker!
I was excited as usual to be back in the water and just exercising, thinking to myself I have been so good, so patient (for me anyway!) not doing anything that I shouldn't, doing my exercises all the time. But then I realised there is more patience to come! Slowly building up my freestyle again over the next month, running? How long will that take? Probably again another 4 weeks to build up to an hour easy with no speed or intensity. What if my back hurts on Sunday? I am telling you, it had better not! There has been no pain since I fell off my bike (as funny as that sounds!) although the MRI showed it hadn't healed enough, hopefully now the last month was exactly what it needed.
At least the sun is shinning today! I have an indoor soccer class and Volleyball with swimming coaching this afternoon. What is there to complain about?
Tomorrow I am even going to go for a "little bit longer" ride with Michelle, outside!!
I can't wait!