As the wind was howling on Saturday morning and making any cycle a challenge, I was thankful that I was not one of the many who were embarking on the annual cycle to Bunbury before the race on Sunday. I had enough trouble dealing with the conditions for 3 hours although I was cheating a bit sitting behind Christian into the head wind. Once we had a tail wind I had no problems taking the lead for a little while! Very slack of me I know, but I found that I had to try to stabilize and balance myself alot more in the wind and the muscles around the collar bone were getting quite a bit of a work out! I pulled up a little bit sore after the ride in the lower back and was "oh no, please don't tell me!!" but I was told to give it 2 weeks because if it was muscular then it should go away. Thankfully it eased off over night and was okay by Sunday morning. It was then time to step things up and I met Nat for a 30 minute run! I made sure we were alot more conservative than a week ago when I just went crazy because I could run. We ran steady and I felt alot better. There was no pain until about the 29 minute mark when for the last 6o seconds things began to hurt again. (I am imagining this!! I actually hope so!) but again by the afternoon and an easy 1 arm swim it had eased off and I woke up this morning feeling fine. I am guessing it is all just really tight and the massage I have planned on Thursday and the Physio appointment tomorrow will all help out!
The weekend ended with a very enjoyable and relaxing BBQ at Bec's place with some of her and boyfreind Matt's friends. It was a chance to catch up on gossip and enjoy some delicious food. Well, that was the girls, the guys were more interested in playing the Wii!
It was also a celebration!! After a spectacular crash on the track last weekend, Bec bounced back to take the victory in the State Criterium champs in Armadale on the weekend. Halfway through there was a break away of 2 girls that worked together for a little while before Bec was leading from the front on her own and was able to take the sprint finish, the State Championships and the Cash!
Awesome job Bec! A sign of fantastic things to come!
