Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Bionic Woman!

Today was my second check up with my surgeon David and how the progress of the "broken collar bone" was going.
While everyone else was glued to the T.V. at 1pm watching the Melbourne Cup, drinking champagne and hopefully winning more money than they were loosing! I was having an x-ray in a very quite and peaceful SKG. Must admit, I have never seen it like that before so no wonder it only took a few minutes for the X-ray and even less of it to be given to me!
So now, the bionic woman is born! My new clavicle (shown below) is healing nicely with a plate and seven screws! I can officially go riding outside and was asked if I have been for a run..! I would have loved too,  but that will have to wait.. only 5 sleeps to go! ( who is counting anyway!)
Yesterday  I went swimming and completed an entire 1500m of kicking and one arm swimming with fins on. It was great to be back in the water again but more importantly great to see everyone and catch up on all the gossip. They are all fit and healthy, ready for Ironman WA the first weekend of December. Should be a great day of racing.
So no more appointments for the rest of the week, just slowly building up my time on the bike, and in the water. Trying to establish a bit of a normal routine again. 
Things are looking good!!
By the way.. Happy Birthday Cousin Wez!! When I spoke to him today he was celebrating in true fashion, and why wouldn't you when your birthday falls on the same day as the Melbourne Cup!!