Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Change of Pace!

Well, this has been me for the last couple of months and I guess it has been a nice change and pretty good timing. If it wasn't for the opportunity to work this term I am sure I would have been going crazy and driving those around totally nuts as well. 
It was a little bit strange returning to Christ Church after only having left less than a year ago but within a week it was like I had been there all year. Besides not knowing the knew year 8's everything was the same. Term 4 has been pretty relaxed as the year 12's finished a long time ago, the year 11's are on exams, the year 10's are on camp until next week so we are only left with the year 8's and 9's. Although I must admit, with them knowing they finish school next Thursday they are starting to get a little ratty. 
My head of department had a little chat to me a couple of weeks ago and asked, now that I had been back teaching for a few weeks, had I made the right decision resigning at the end of last year. I thought it would be a hard question to answer but it wasn't! Yes, I had! Don't get me wrong, I love being a teacher but at this point in time there is something I am so much more passionate about and want to give it my full attention and that is triathlon. I am training/racing and loving it! Having so much fun! This is not something I can do forever, not at the professional level at least, so while I can, I will! With all that I have!
This is the view from one side of the PE Office looking across the oval to the so called "academic" side of the school!
The view from my desk! A outdoor 50m swimming pool! No excuses for not getting in some extra km's (except for a broken collar bone maybe!)
The office! Shared by 7 teachers and a couple of assistance! Never a dull moment!
The swimming is slowly coming along. I cracked the big 4m yesterday, although it wasn't all freestyle. There was plenty of kicking and I am still using my fins alot of the time to take some of the pressure off. It is getting better!
I have now run easy for a couple of sessions and yes my back was hurting but it always went the next day. Therefore, I am assuming it is muscular! Time will tell!
But after 3 months off, man I am so unfit!! Hopefully I can get some general fitness back over the next few weeks and start to feel good again.
Until then I am constantly reminded of my favourite word, NOT!!  PATIENCE!