Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Ready to Run...Hopefully!

Well, the first little test has been and gone! I met Nat at Port Beach and he was going to join me for my first run in 3 months! Can you believe it! That is 12 weeks! Can you imagine not working for 12 weeks? I guess if you didn't enjoy your job you wouldn't mind that at all, but when you are passionate about what you do... then not doing it can drive you nuts! I was pretty excited!
It was a gorgeous day, the sun was shinning and we ran! It was only 20 minutes but to be honest it felt alot longer than that. The first 5 minutes I felt terrible, a slow blob struggling to lift one leg in front of the other. The next 10 minutes I was flying and probably pushing the pace more than I should, after that the lack of fitness kicked in and I was glad to slow down and easily jog back to the car park. So was Nat I think!
I made sure I had a good stretch afterwards then we enjoyed a yummy breakfast after the hard work of our 20 minute run!
So now it is a bit of another waiting game as I run easy every second day for the next 2 weeks and monitor any pain I may have. The hard part is distinguishing between muscular pain because I haven't run for so long and pain from the stress fracture! If it is only muscular pain it should go as I run more over the next couple of weeks. So far so good I think! Except for a stupid thing called Phantom Pains!! You know, the ones you make up, you think you are feeling and start to stress about, but are they really there! NO! I keep telling myself, all good!