Wow, wow, wow! What can I say! The last 48 hours I have totally been spoilt so much and can't thank my friends and family enough! You guys are amazing and mean so much to me!
Yesterday I celebrated my Birthday in Boise and it seemed to me like it went for at least a couple of days. With the time difference between Australia and the USA I had so many messages from home through out the night I was beginning to get confused if it was my alarm on my phone or a sms!
As the sun came up it was like any other day as I jumped on the cruiser at 4.45am and rode to swimming training. Except on the way I spoke to my mum and dad before they went to bed. They spoilt me with a new Garmin watch which I am still trying to learn how to use correctly. I will eventually get there!
Swimming training, cycling, another x-ray to see how the pubic ramus bone was developing and some sushi for lunch and the day was like any other! Or so I thought!
At swimming training that morning Jeff, Erin and John had asked me over for dinner which I thought was so nice of them so I took them up on their offer. It would be nice to share a bottle of red wine with my "Boise Family" on my birthday.
By 6.15pm I had finally arrived at Jeff and Erin's house after running around all afternoon and I was not prepared to be totally shocked.
On entering the house and climbing the stairs I was greeted with a Margarita and a huge "Surprise" as some of the fantastic people I have met in Boise had all been invited to a party.
And if that wasn't enough, the next minute I thought I was hearing things! I could hear my mum and dad's voices in the background saying "happy birthday" to me, although I had just spoken to them a few hours earlier! What was going on?
No, they had not flown over to the USA, but Jeff had them on Skype on the big screen and there they were clear as day, in out kitchen at home with big smiles on their faces!
Yes, there were tears! I was totally overwhelmed by it all.
I have only been here for just over 2 months but I have been welcomed like I have been here my entire life.
No, the margarita did not take long to go down!
The gorgeous flowers I received! The house smells so nice now! Yes, there is a small little block of chocolate next to the flowers!
I can also now spoil myself and feel like a woman again thanks to Erin and Jeff with a manicure and pedicure! I have never had a pedicure before! I mean really, have you had a good look at a triathlete's toe nails before! Maybe they can paint some on for me!!
There were Australian flags scattered around the house and "Land Down Under" was playing through the speakers! It was a lot like home!
I can't thank Erin, Jeff and John for organising everything and making it such a special day! It will definitely be a night I remember forever!
Now, it is back to business (after enjoying some yummy key lime pie last night!) swimming, running and cycling. I am taking the plunge this weekend and will be attempting a full olympic distance race! I can't wait!