Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Yes, I am still alive!!

Yes, I am still here! Sorry for the delay between blogs but it has been a whirlwind couple of days with so much happening. It has all been great! After a few delays I arrived in Vancouver from Boise and was so excited to be seeing my mother at midnight. She was also traveling with my 2 aunties Maxine and Eleanor. I arrived in Vancouver only to find out I had to wait another day! They were delayed in Hawaii, therefore missing their connection in Seattle to Vancouver, therefore a night in Seattle. Bugger! They were supposed to be put up in a hotel in Seattle but on arrival the hotel was full and they ended up wandering Seattle airport all night until the next morning. A bit like that movie "Airport" with Tom Hanks! By the time they eventually arrived in Vancouver they had not slept for nearly 48 hours and they stunk!! (just joking!)
Meanwhile I had enjoyed a lovely nights sleep at the airport hotel in a massive King Size bed and this was my view out the window....
Talk about being close to the airport action!
Friday night my girlfriend Kerry and her boyfriend Shannon with his 2 fantastic girls and his dad and we enjoyed a meal downtown Vancouver. It was great to be catching up with everyone again and on the other side of the world!
Saturday we began our journey to Penticton where we find ourselves now. It has been a busy few days as we are trying to see everything there is to see in this amazing place!
Lunch in between visiting some great wineries was at a small local organic cafe in Naramata.
Today we hit the water and boarded the Casablanca Princess for a tour of the Okanagan Lake.
With lunch in hand we were greeted by Barbara, and spent the next 20 minutes chatting to her and her husband as they had spent 6 weeks in Australia and had fallen in love with Perth! They sound just as bias as I am!

Unfortunately there have been a few mechanical issues with my bike, and those who know me understand this is not one of my areas of expertise! So I had to wait until this morning for the bike shop to open and have finally picked it up. Tomorrow I can get back on the bike after way too long!!
The rest of the family don't arrive until the end of the week, but we have plenty planned between now and then! A swim, bike and massage tomorrow will begin the day before a trip to the markets in Summerland.
Penticton is starting to buzz! It is great to be here and part of it all!