Saturday, August 8, 2009

Rain, rain go away...!!

It has been incredible, the middle of August and it has rained non stop for nearly 2 days! Where did it come from! I shouldn't really complain because it has been nice and hot the last month. Yesterday I had a computrainer session so the biggest concern for me was the water that had begun to flood into the garage where I was riding my bike. I was not all that keen on getting electrocuted! Eventually I stopped and removed all of the chords away from the water and continued with my session.
Last night I volunteered to help at the local "Y Not Tri" that was being held about 10 minutes away. Any other night around 6pm the sun would be shinning and it would be nice and hot! Unfortunately for these guys, this was not to be! The rain continued and has I was body marking I felt terrible asking the little kids to remove there tops so I could mark there arms before the race! They were already shaking and had goose bumps and they hadn't even been in the water yet!
It wasn't a very late night and I was home in time to speak to mum in Margaret River beofre enjoying a full nights sleep.
This morning I attended the "late" shift of swimming training, I normally swim from 5am - 6.30am but with racing tomorrow in an Olympic Distance event I was after a bit more sleep and an easier swimming option. So the later start was quite enjoyable.
The rest of the day as the rain continued to fall I have been cleaning house, stretching, core stability, cleaning bike and getting ready for tomorrow.
I am going to attempt tomorrow to swim, bike and run and complete the entire event myself. I know I am capable of running the 10km but it will be more of a shuffle rather than a run. This will probably drive me completely crazy, but with still a little bit of pain (it is definitely getting better, but not quite there yet!) I am going to play it safe!
I may have to be a little bit careful on the bike a well! I just found out on Wednesday that I have a nice little crack at the bottom of my seat post on my bike! It is slowly getting bigger, but I am confident it will be fine for 40km tomorrow. Thanks to FELT a new frame is on it's way and should arrive the middle of next week. Must be all that hill training!
Everything is crossed as I take the plunge tomorrow not only to be able to run but for the rain to stop!!
Here's hoping!!