Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Road Trip!

Last weekend I had a fantastic time as I went on a road trip to Provo, Utah. It is a 6 hour drive from Boise through Salt Lake City so it was all very new and exciting for me!
Erin picked my up at 8am on Friday and we made the journey east.
Although the scene out the window didn't change for nearly 5 hours I didn't notice the time at all as we enjoyed so many laughs and plenty of "girlie" talk. I hadn't really had the opportunity to do that for quite some time so it was great just to talk about it all. The only problems to arise was when you need to make an urgent "pit" stop on a road like this, there really isn't anywhere! Not even a large tree in sight!
On arriving in Provo the sun was shinning and it looked like it was going to be a great weekend!
60 minutes later the heavens had opened, there was wind, rain, thunder and lightning to greet us as we left lunch but it was only short lived! (until the next morning anyway!)
Back in Boise after the quick road trip and it was time to enjoy my Birthday Present from Jeff and Erin. Thanks to them, I had the opportunity to spoil myself today and feel like a woman! I hope it lasts!
A full manicure and I was looking like I was ready for a night on the town!
I need to do this more often!
I was even able to get some small toe nails painted on!!
You can't tell at all can you!
Bec, I wish you a speedy recovery from your broken collar bone! I know you will be back on the bike before you know it with so much determination it will be exciting to see you racing again soon!
Personally, I am getting excited! Why?
2 sleeps to go and I get to see my mum! Yah!
I am so so very lucky with the relationship I have with my family and in particular my parents. I miss them so much where ever I am in the world and am like a little kid at xmas when I know I will be seeing them again soon! Thursday night is the night so if I miss a blog or two (although I will try not too!) I apologize but we have so much to catch up on!
Safe training!