There has been many time that I have completed my "long" rides on my own. But there was a rare occasion that I did and that was the day I decided to take the camera and make a few pit stops for some photo's. That way I wouldn't be slowing anyone else down!
This is one of the recent rides we have started doing with lots of climbing at the start, a flat section in the middle, a small climb 3/4 of the way through before flat home but the possibility of a head wind. It is great because it has it all and is a loop rather than an out and back!
The flat section in between Emmett and Horseshoe Bend, you can spend some good quality time in the aero position but still easily distracted by the surroundings!
This is Black Canyon Dam, not far from where the swim was held last weekend for Emmetts Triathlon. The water was so nice! Rumour had it, that it would be cold, but it was fresh to swim in and not as cold as swimming in New Zealand!
The top of the climbs along highway 55 before nearly 11km's of downhill cycling! Yes, I am working on my descending!
This week I have taken things very easy after pulling up sore from the weekend. No point in doing anything stupid. I think the saying is something like, 1 step forward 2 steps backwards. Well, for me at the moment it feels like one step forward, 10 steps backwards!!
I am excited about seeing my parents next week but before then there is a road trip this weekend with John and Erin to Utah! It is somewhere I have never been before so should be a lot of fun!
Onwards and upwards to new adventures!